1. Look for inspiration. Go to a bookstore with your sketchbook or notebook and pick up some books or magazines about art, design or fashion. Buy it or plop down in a cozy corner and enjoy while you doodle and jot down ideas. Or go into the city and hangout at a coffeeshop to sketch. Check out an exhibition at a museum and just sit and look, think, and admire what you see.
2. Take a nap. I know I will be taking at least one after a very sleep deprived week.
3. Say hello. As we get older it is a bit more challenging to make new friends, but not impossible. Sometimes it starts with a "hello." Go to an event with a laid-back atmosphere (gallery opening, trunk show, panel discussion) and introduce yourself to someone. You never know what can blossom from meeting someone new.
4. Buy new music. I'm a big Drake fan and I am really enjoying his latest album Take Care. Have a listen and let me know what you think. Or download some songs you haven't heard in a while (I just bought some fun singles from Mya's early days — remember this one??)
5. Save the Date. If you live in or around the D.C. area please save the date for Dec. 8th for a Fly event!