1. The ELLEments of Personal Style - I was hanging out over my friend Dana's house and she pulled out this fabulous book. As I turned each page I was quickly convinced that this book had to be a part of my library. I really love the diverse range of women featured; different shapes, ages, and cultural backgrounds makes this book rich with style. My FAVORITE features are Tracee Ellis Ross and Fatima Robinson. And Diane von Furstenberg. Oh and Margherita Missoni's...
2. Pacifica's Hawaiian Ruby Guava Solid Perfume - Ok, I have to admit sometimes I like to buy things just because they're cute, which is the reason why I was drawn to these in the first place. These little tins of yummy scented goodness are so worth the little treat to yourself. The organic coconut and soy wax solid perfume makes it easy for smelling good on the go. I can't say I would wear the scents but I like to keep my tin opened on my desk to add a little fresh scent to my space.
3. Hammond's Candies Caramels - The other day I'm walking around Whole Foods when I stumbled upon a pretty display of candy canes, caramels, and handmade marshmallows. I bought two caramels and fell in love with the chocolate flavored ones. I can't even express how delicious it was, you just have to try it for yourself :).
4. Paper Magazine: The Art Issue - I love art so when this issue popped up in my mailbox I couldn't wait to chill with some tea and go through all the pages. I really really enjoyed this issue featuring Friends With You, Shephard Fairey, and — sigh — Pharrell. Yes, him on the cover and gracing several spreads makes it an extra nice treat, too :). (Paper Mag's co-founder Kim Hastreiter's note about the issue is great.)
5. Republic of Tea Coconut Cocoa Herb Tea - All I can say is YUM! This dessert tea is glorious and makes this chilly weather easier to bare.
6. Soothing Touch Coconut Lime Lip Balm - Three years ago (wow, I've been blogging for a minute) I wrote this post about lip balm. Since then I left behind easy access to my favorite brand, Nubian Heritage's Mango Butter Balm, and I've been looking for one that's equally as good if not better. (Especially since I can never find the Nubian balm I like online.) But recently I discovered Soothing Touch at Mom's Organic Market. Because I love anything coconut I picked up their Coconut Lime scented balm. I have to say I was disappointed that the scent was more lime than anything but the balm is awesome! I also love that it's a big chunky stick of organic goodness. Perfect for this time of year.
7. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks - This book should definitely qualify for one of the best releases of 2010 award (if there is such award). Ok, I haven't finished it yet, but I'm close, and the story is so amazing. A little disturbing but amazing. I was hooked after reading the first few pages.