I can't believe summer is almost over! But there's still plenty of sunshine soaking, pool-side lounging and beach-chilling to do, which means there's still a lot of free time to use reading a few good books. I have a few suggestions:
1. SOUL CITY by Toure - This novel brings together fantasy and soul to create a very interesting group of characters and themes. It was a really fun read.
2. THE RED TENT by Anita Diamant - I mentioned it before and will forever more. I LOVE this book and I feel EVERY WOMAN and man should take the time to absorb this wonderful story. It's definitely a good book club read.
3. THIRD GIRL FROM THE LEFT by Martha Southgate - Racy and very sexy and another favorite. This book has some moments that I really appreciate as it covers three generations of women growing into themselves. I'd be curious to see what others think about this one. I heard from the author that the movie rights were bought for this book, I think it would make an excellent movie.
4. THE SECRET GARDEN by Frances Hodgson Burnett - I have not read this book since I was eight but I just happend to be looking for it when I found it at a fleamarket for a quarter. This classic is worth indulging oneself at any age.
5. ONE HUNDRED YEARS OF SOLITUDE by Gabriel Garcia Marquez - I have to admit I never read this book! It was given to me when I was about 10, I tried to read it then and didn't get it, and at 23 I couldn't get into it. So I will force myself to get through it now. I hear it's another classic that must be apart of one's personal library.
Do you have any book suggestions? Have you read any of these books? Would love to hear what you guys think.